AssaultCube is a total conversion of Wouter van Oortmerssen's FPS called Cube. AssaultCube is set in a realistic looking environment, as far as that's possible with this engine, while gameplay stays fast and arcade. This game is all about team oriented multiplayer fun.
Here are some key features of "AssaultCube":
· AssaultCube is provided as a 19mb package of pure fun.
· Thanks to the efficient networking code, AssaultCube requires very little bandwith, you can play it with a 56k modem internet connection.
· Like its origin Cube, AssaultCube comes with full source code, available under a zlib like OpenSource license.
· Because AssaultCube uses the SDL library, it can be used on multiple platforms. The officially supported platforms are Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
· AssaultCube runs on old hardware, with the correct settings you can run it on a P3 800Mhz gf2.
· Create new maps (virtual worlds) together with other people online. The cooperative editmode makes it possible.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Allow changing team when dead (but not spectating).
· Defuse triggerhappy alias context cleanup.
· Block connecting to full, passworded servers.
· Tabs are now allowed in the maprot/serverpwd config files.
· Ponies mode fixed.
· Text input field improvements/fixes.
· Spawns in ac_shine fixed.
· "editent" command fixed.
· many other bug fixes both client and server side and map editor