Alien Swarm is an overhead view tactical shooter modification for Unreal Tournament 2004. Alien Swarm is set in a distant future, the players take the role of a Commander in the Interstellar Armed Forces.
They must guide their squad of marines through Swarm infested colonies, overrun bases and outposts, to achieve a variety of objectives. Featuring Assault Rifles, Heat Tracking Guns, Sentry Guns, Flamethrowers and more.
The top down, tactical shooter can be played by a maximum of 6 players in a co-op style. (You can play 8 in total, but then the game gets a bit crowded so we made it 6 by default.) Choose from eight marines, with different specialties - medical, technical, explosive or weapons specialists.
It features a single mission mode and a campaign. Fight off the Swarm to increase your skills and earn medals for extra skill points.
- A full version of Unreal Tournament 2004 patched to version 3270 or higher is required to play.
- Or if you intend to run a server, you could use the free dedicated server package
- Widescreen resolutions available in the video options.
- Fixed cursor aiming with non-4:3 aspect ratios.
- Fixed various overlapping UI elements.