XSkat project is a Skat card game, playable against humans or the computer.
XSkat lets you play the card game Skat as defined by the official international Skat Order. Up to 3 players may be simulated by the computer. You can play via an X display connection or via IRC.
Here are some key features of "XSkat":
· Single- and multiplayer mode.
· Playing over LAN or IRC.
· Game lists and logs.
· Three types of scoring.
· English or German text.
· German or French suited cards.
· Selectable computer playing strength.
· Pre-definable card distributions.
· Variations: Ramsch, Bock, Kontra & Re, ...
What's New in This Release:
· Computer plays less predictable
· Passes the game a lot less often
· Can play the final winning trick
· Selectable playing strength
· Deals a Good Hand with -pk or F6,F6,F6
· LAN game can be started interactively
· Player/computer names changeable
· More card images
· Replay and Hand? forms improved
· Man page accessible from inside the game