Warmux project is free software clone of this game concept. Though currently under heavy development, it is already very playable, with lots of weapons (Dynamite, Baseball Bat, Teleportation, etc.).
There are also lots of maps available for your battling pleasure! Wormux takes the genre to the next level, with great customisation options leading to great gameplay.
There is a wide selection of teams, from the Aliens to the Chickens. Also, new battlefields can be downloaded from the Internet, making strategy an important part of each battle.
Though two human players are currently needed to play (unless you have a split personality) the creation of artificial players and network play are future goals. So, start downloading today, and fight to become king of the garden!
· libxml 2.6 (debian: libxml 2.6-dev)
· SDL 1.2 (debian: libsdl1.2-dev)
· SDL Image 1.2 (debian: libsdl-image1.2-dev)
· SDL Mixer 1.2 (debian: libsdl-mixer1.2-dev)
· SDL TTF 2.0 (debian: libsdl-ttf1.2-dev)
· SDL_gfx 2
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Name and numbering (year.month) change!
· Android port
· Symbian^3 port (number of characters/teams subject to memory constraint)
· More toonesque than ever characters! Cuteness not considered a weapon :)
· New maps: Japan-themed "ninja", nature-themed "Birds" and Space-themed "urban heights"
· Increased number of teams playable in a single game to 8
· Massive memory optimizations, and 16 bits-per-pixel rendering
· Massive speed optimization allowing better gameplay
· Help is now much richer; please help us translate it even more!
· Widget in options menu to edit keybindings
· Kinetic scrolling to browse the map
· Traditional in-game toolbar clickable, click wind indicator to display touch controls!
· Improved minimap: now displays boxes, can be resized through keyboard shortcuts, can be clicked to move around faster
· Custom teams
· Troublesome bugs fixed: OSX fullscreen, explosion when firing near a wall