Volity Gamut 0.4.1
Volity Gamut is a Java client for playing a myriad of games online.
Volity Gamut is a Java-based client for talking to the Volity system.
Volity is a framework for developing online multiplayer games. Servers are written in Perl or Python, and the user interface for each game is written in a combination of SVG and ECMAScript. The client automatically downloads the proper UI for any game, allowing you to play games such as Hex, Fluxx, and Aquarius without any further intervention.
While most current games are board and card games, many different game types can be implemented and deployed within the Volity framework.
Here are some key features of "Volity Gamut":
Basic Jabber functionality
· Maintain a roster of your buddies
· Chat privately, or in chat rooms
Basic Volity functionality
· Use the Game Finder to create or join Volity tables
· Play games using SVG/ECMAScript UI files
· Invitation system (recently improved)s
· Summon bots to provide automated competition
Extended Volity stuff
· View players' game records and profiles
· The beginnings of a Volity.net website (linked to throughout the app)
· Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.4 or later
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed a race condition that would sometimes erroneously tell players that they were not authorized to play.
· Gamut now uses version 1.7b of the Batik SVG library, which lets it use SMIL animation.