Thrust is a rewrite of the classic Commodore 64 game of the same name, ported to Un*x and MSDOS.
The object of the game is to lift the Klystron Pod from the bottom of a cave and return it safely to space. The Pod is very heavy (compared to the ship), and this makes it tougher than it may seem.
You must be careful not to run out of fuel, crash into the cave walls, nor let the enemy artillary outposts shoot you down.
Here are some key features of "Thrust":
· Startup menu.
· Levels 1 through 6.
· Game engine (scrolling, shooting, explosions, shield, etc).
· Reversed gravity when the final level is completed.
· Scoring and a high-score list.
· The sliding doors operated by the small buttons.
· Stages within a level.
· Demo if the game isn't touched for a while.
· Configurable keys.
· Support for GGI (the 8 bpp limitation finally gone through the use of display-palemu).
· Support for X. 8 bpp PseudoColor required. MIT shared memory used if found.
To be implemented :
· Rewrite of the scrolling routines (the current routine consumes bandwidth).
· Support for non 8 bpp pseudocolor visuals (X version).
· The stars should blink.
· Steering with joystick.
What's New in This Release:
· GGI support was added, which finally takes Thrust out of the 8-bits-per-pixel jail.
· Various improvements were made in the graphics, making it even closer to the original.
· Keyboard configuration changes are now saved in .thrustrc.
· Automake is used for building.