The Ur-Quan Masters 0.6.2
The Ur-Quan Masters is a port of the 3DO version of the classic space game StarControl II.
The game is currently fully playable, though it crashes or locks every now and then. The play experience is also far from perfect; many graphical and control glitches remain to be fixed.
That said, it's possible to get all the way to the final battle if you save often to protect against the occasional crash.
· SDL 1.2
· SDL_image 1.2
· SDL_mixer CVS version (with ogg support) installed.
· In addition, all Linux binaries require OpenGL to be installed; source can be compiled without it if needed.
What's New in This Release:
· Netplay! You can now engage in Super Melee over the Internet.
· Key configuration is now entirely in-game.
· UQM now compiles and runs on 64-bit systems.
· The Quit button (F10) now works properly when used during the introduction sequence.
· Various small fixes to text and conversation logic.
· The setup menu now reads all its text from the content, easing translation.
· The MOD player for PC-style music can now be linked against an external version of libmikmod.
· Various code cleanups and memory optimizations, see changelog for full list.