The Bub's Brothers 1.6
The Bub's Brothers is a new striking n-multiplayer crazy clone of the famous Bubble Bobble game.
Here are some key features of "The Bub s Brothers":
· to 10 players -- the best fun is with at least 3 players!
· Same gameplay as the famous McSebi's Bub & Bob.
· Over-the-network game and/or up to 3 players on the same computer.
· Completely original crazy bonuses!
· Capture other players in a bubble!
· New levels, including a random level generator!
· You need Python 2.2 or 2.3. It doesn't work with older versions of Python for very good reasons (not just because I was lazy to port it there): the whole game logic is done with generators, a feature only introduced in Python 2.2. Recent distributions come with Python 2.2 or 2.3 preinstalled.
Unpack it with tar xfz bubbros-1.5.tar.gz or tar xfj bubbros-1.5.tar.bz2, and then cd bubbros-1.5 to change to this new directory.
Type make to build the two small C extension modules. Regular Python code does not have to be compiled, so this should be fast. However, you will need a -dev installation of Python to do this. If you get an error message, Linux users on PCs can download precompiled versions: statesaver.so (to put in bubbros-1.5/bubbob) and xshm.so (to put in bubbros-1.5/display).
Execute ./BubBob.py to start it. You can also type python BubBob.py
What's New in This Release:
· Updated graphics by David Gowers
· Few new bonuses, and some old bonus behaviours tweaked a bit
· Bug fixes