A 3D fishing game
Taimen is an open source fishing game project. It was started for hobby of two 14-year old boys from Finland and its not sure that will it be ever released as fully-functioning game. Taimen comes from a finnish word meaning "Trout".
- Game modes:
- Free mode, fish anywhere you want and all day.
- Quick competition, a quick competition where you want.
- Tournament, competitions have been randomized and user can't affect to games.
- (Network game?)
- In-game features:
- A lure box containing the basic lures and lures what you have win from competitions.
- At start of the game, you can choose which fishing rod and reel you want to use.
- No shops or virtual money involved! You need to win lures and rods.
- Detailed maps of lakes and rivers. You can move anywhere you want on the map. Map-info contains depth maps and some information about the lake(or river).
- Throwing a lure is not going to be simple, it depends what reel you have and where you want to throw it. Accuracy depends from your skills.
- No automatic reeling-in, you must fight with it!
- Possibility to get the lure stucked in to the bottom of the lake or river.
- Technical features:
- Cross-platform, works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Adjustable resolution, full-screen and windowed mode.
- Record list(online records?)
- Anti-cheating system made with sha-hashes.