Taimen is an open source fishing game project. It was started for hobby of two 14-year old boys from Finland and its not sure that will it be ever released as fully-functioning game. Taimen comes from a finnish word meaning "Trout".
Here are some key features of "Taimen":
· Free mode, fish anywhere you want and all day.
· Quick competition, a quick competition where you want.
· Tournament, competitions have been randomized and user can't affect to games.
· (Network game?)
· A lure box containing the basic lures and lures what you have win from competitions.
· At start of the game, you can choose which fishing rod and reel you want to use.
· No shops or virtual money involved! You need to win lures and rods.
· Detailed maps of lakes and rivers. You can move anywhere you want on the map. Map-info contains depth maps and some information about the lake(or river).
· Throwing a lure is not going to be simple, it depends what reel you have and where you want to throw it. Accuracy depends from your skills.
· No automatic reeling-in, you must fight with it!
· Possibility to get the lure stucked in to the bottom of the lake or river.
· Cross-platform, works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
· Adjustable resolution, full-screen and windowed mode.
· Record list(online records?)
· Anti-cheating system made with sha-hashes.