Root Park project will build a network that will stand the test of time.
RootPark is a Civilization-like game based on the history of computers and networks. You can play it with as many other players as you want since it has full networking capabilities.
The game begins in 1960, when computers started to become very powerful. RootPark provides you the opportunity to experience these historical years, and a large range of possibilities.
This source and binaries of the game will be available soon. It will be playable on Linux, BSD (and surely other UNIX like OSF1).
Here are some key features of "Root Park":
· strategy game, turn based.
· topic : history of computers and networks.
· multiplayer (using local or internet networks)
· fully playable on Linux and NetBSD(and surely some others Unix).
· programmed using C language.
· opensource game, everybody can improve it
· uses GTK X-Windows library.
· uses 16 millions colors (24 bits)
· you can change the themes of the graphical interface
· you can import your own graphisms
· communication between players during the game (like irc)
· generator of random map whatever the number of players.
· handles the visibility of units and hosts (fog of war)
· interactive help online
· complete encyclopedy on the history of computers