Platinum Arts Sandbox allows kids to create 3D worlds while playing in them!
Through the program kids can make their own mazes, castles, forts, cities, etc in minutes. Kids are also a part of the world when they are creating it, so they can watch the results of their changes as they are happening. The main mission of the project will be to add more features and ways for the children to add their own custom content and to make it as easy as possible for them to do so. Also Platinum Arts will be providing custom content such as mazes, playgrounds, forts, jumping levels, forests and natural terrains to explore, etc.
The project is to remain open source and free so that developers and kids can help add new content and features to help make Platinum Arts Sandbox the most fun and easy world creation tool possible. Platinum Arts Sandbox will be easy enough for kids to use but also powerful enough for full game projects.
Any new members and/or contributors would be more than welcome! Please sign up in the forum!
I want to give a big thanks to Wouter van Oortmerssen who is the creator of the Cube 2 engine which powers Platinum Arts Sandbox. Also a big thanks to everyone who has contributed to the Cube 2 project and made it the great engine that it is. Take care and enjoy the program. Please let me know what you think!
Here are some key features of "Platinum Arts Sandbox":
· The ability to map edit in game in real time and cooperatively with other people.
· The ability to immediately play with and interact with map editing changes
· Several custom maps that will feature slides, jumping levels, mazes, amusement park rides, etc
· The pursuit of making it as easy as possible to add map features and content. Also the addition of new entities to add even more features and capabilities.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· MovieCube Preview version added to allow users to create their own movies aka machinima.
· Many sidescroller updates including item boxes, a dynamic camera, projectiles and more.
· Rpg maker mode updated with more spells and /testproj which creates random spell effects and includes the data so the effect can be replicated.
· Masterserver is fixed and soon to be up and running.
· Lots of bugfixes and optimizations