MissionX is a free open source multi-platform multi-language 2D arcade shooting game. The game takes place in space where you take control of captain Mark's starship in his mission to defend earth from the macronian invasion.
Supported operating systems are Linux (x86 only), Windows XP (both x86 and x64), Windows Vista (both x86 and x64) and Widnows 7 (both x86 and x64). Available languages are Italian and English.
The game is completely written in Java. The Java runtime environment is included in the game (that's why there are 2 binary editions of the game).
- The game is still in development.
- New Stuff:
- Game Engine updated to version 4.5
- Performance improvements
- Improved compatibility (see requirements for details)
- Support for any 4:3 resolution
- Added automatic graphics quality selection
- Added low resolution textures for netbooks and old computers (see requirements for details)
- Fixed a bug that caused the destroyer powerup to destroy all enemies in the
- whole game when the game is running at less than 30 FPS
- Fixed bug that caused the fourth level boss to take more damage when the game is running low on FPS
- Removed Wav support to improve compatibility and performance
- Minor fixes and changes
- Known issues:
- Linux: there is no sound if MP3 support is not installed (gstreamer must be installed)
- Linux: On some video cards the size of the window is wrong and the game is drawn in a corner of the screen (seems to be a bug with lwjgl libs)