A small high-level 2D game engine for producing games on Java platforms
It is based on sprites with automatic collision detection, and a tile-based background with easy sprite-tile interaction facilities. JGame games can easily be run as stand-alone applications or as applets, and can be scaled to any resolution.
- Tested on various platforms; can easily be run as applet as well.
- Ensures optimised and accelerated graphics for a variety of displays; even works well on remote X11 displays.
- The game is programmed at one resolution, but can be scaled to any desired resolution when run.
- Built-in animated "sprite" engine, with easy animation definition.
- Tile-based background handling, with decorative backdrop.
- Automatic collision detection with sprites and background tiles, and easy background tile interaction.
- Load sprites, tiles, and colour fonts directly from sprite sheets.
- Define images and animations in a text file.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 3.5
- Support for the Android platform was added, including new methods isAndroid and methods for reading the accelerometer.
- Ogrotron and Caverns of Fire were improved and redesigned for Android.
- A retrigger bug in disable/enableAudio was fixed.
- A new method invokeUrl was added.