Interstate Outlaws 0.1.3 Alpha
Interstate Outlaws it's a vehicular combat game in the spirit of the Interstate games.
Interstate Outlaws (IO) is a vehicular death match based game created by mostly by college students from the United States, Great Britain, and Australia. It uses Crystal Space, CEL, and ODE. It is written in Python. Inspiration for this project came from old auto combat games the creators played when they were young. IO will be perpetually updated for an indefinite period of time.
The software is free under the GPL license, but the developers respectfully request donations through the website to support current and future operations.
In the future, the developers are planning numerous new features.
These include, but are not limited to: Sound; Pedestrian mode; More accurate physics modeling; More detailed vehicle models with functioning doors, hoods, and trunks; Storage for small arms and other items in the trunk of the vehicle; Much larger scale and detailed maps; Map Editor; Interchangeable power and drivetrains; Custom vehicle and pedestrian textures; Additional types of game play.
Here are some key features of "Interstate Outlaws":
· 5 unique vehicles with their own gear settings and weapon setups
· 2 different maps
· 6 weapons to be mounted
· Insanely complex damage model
· Aggressive (but stupid) AI
· The game runs on Crystal Space's celstart framework. A statically compiled version of celstart (compiled on ubuntu 7.04, linked against python 2.4) is included with the game. If this doesn't work for you, you may choose to compile celstart by yourself. In order to do this, you will need to install the devel packages of (or compile) SWIG, ODE, and python, and then compile crystal space and CEL, and make sure that your CRYSTAL and CEL environment variables point to those compiled directories.
What's New in This Release:
· New models for the FFAR and Minelayer.
· Sounds for the FFAR and Minelayer.
· Remodelling of the way the FFAR shoots.
· Adjusted lighting in the Circle of Death.
· Removed deprecation warnings.