Humanoid project is a pure Java arcade video game clone of the classic.
Humanoid is a pure Java[tm] applet and application version of the classic arcade video game "Defender", which was manufactured by Williams.
This clone follows the original game very closely. You will Landers, Mutants, Bombers, Pods, Swarmers, and Baiters are all there together with hyperspace, smartbombs and extra lives.
· Java Development Kit minimum version 1.1.4
What's New in This Release:
· Pure Java Video Arcade Game
· All the classic enemies there `Landers', `Mutants', `Baiters', `Bombers', `Pods', and those dreadful `Swarmers'.
· Humans and planetoid restored every 5th wave.
· Planetoid explosion
· Smart Bombs
· Hyperspace jump
· Bonus starship and smartbomb every 10,000 points
· Ability to run as a application or an applet (applet runs great with Netscape 4.51 no problem).
· Implementation of the finer points of the original game are based on "The Winners' Book of Winner Kubey" written by Craig Kubey published by Star/ W.H. Aleen ca 1982, a real fantastic book
· Features the `gamekit' video game engine.
· Features the `soundkit' sound rendering engine.
· An easy to use audio rendering engine based on the BASIC command that were implemented on BBC Microcomputer. `SOUND' and `ENVELOPE' statements in Java.
· Highscores (file save and load in application)
· Jump Sheet Bonus for advance players.
· Reconfigure Game Keys Dialog.