Dirk Dashing: Secret Agent! 1.2.1
Save the world from the forces of E.V.I.L.!
Dirk Dashing is the number one operative in the top-secret organization called G.O.O.D. (Government Operatives On Duty), whose mission is to protect the world from terrorists and power-mad megalomaniacs. His missions take him to many exotic locales, where he must face dangerous enemies, avoid traps, and solve baffling puzzles in order to save the day!
As Dirk Dashing, you have been assigned to recover the seven largest diamonds in the world, which have been stolen from a museum exhibit by the international jewel thief, Pique Pockette. Your mission takes you to the Bavarian Alps of Southern Germany, where you will explore thirty spectacular, hand-painted levels in search of the stolen diamonds. Along the way, you will collect stolen loot and battle a horde of E.V.I.L. agents who are also hunting for the diamonds.
Here are some key features of "Dirk Dashing Secret Agent":
· No blood, no gore, no fist-fights - Dirk throws knockout gas grenades and uses other non-lethal means to defeat his enemies
· 30 huge levels to explore, including 3 secret levels - each level is packed with secret areas and hidden treasures
· Cool spy gadgets that help you complete your mission
· A wide variety of hand-drawn, animated characters
· Spectacular hand-painted graphics, done with acrylic paints and watercolors
· Parallax scrolling with up to 16 graphic layers, for an exciting 3D look
· A rich collection of zany cartoon sound effects
· An original, upbeat music soundtrack
· Play using keyboard, joystick, or game pad
· Ability to save your game progress at any point
Dirk Dashing: Secret Agent runs natively on Linux, without the need for any third-party emulation software like WINE or Cedega. The game is compatible with SUSE 10, SUSE 10.1, Fedora Core 5, Debian, Ubuntu 6.0.6, and most recent Linux distributions.
· 1.0 GHz processor or better
· 128 MB RAM
· OpenGL-compatible video card
· OpenAL-compatible sound card
· 6-level trial
What's New in This Release:
· Dirk can now throw grenades while jumping
· Dirk can now shoot the grenade launcher while jumping
· Thugs now walk around on patrol, instead of just standing still
· Save your game quicker by pressing F5 to go directly to the Save screen
· Added a few cannons and made some minor tweaks to Chapter 1-4
· Made some major performance improvements to the game engine
· SDL upgrade: added support for the PulseAudio sound server
· SDL upgrade: fixed detection of X11 DGA mouse support
· SDL upgrade: fixed hang or crash on startup on Linux if aRts can't access the hardware
· SDL upgrade: fixed TEXTRELs to resolve some PIC issues (and issues with SELinux)
· SDL upgrade: fixed joystick detection on Linux when a joystick was removed
Dirk Dashing: Secret Agent!
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed 64-bit floating point roundoff errors, which prevented Dirk and other characters from moving back and forth along ledges
- Fixed 64-bit issues that prevented you from pushing crates off the edge of ledges
- Fixed 64-bit issues with slippery ledges that caused Dirk to "teleport" to the other end of a ledge when sliding off the edge