DeadlyCobra is a game similar to the classic Nibbles or snake game.
Basically the point of the game is to eat as many pebbles (in this case "Men") as possible without eating yourself or hitting a wall.
Features include both single and multiplayer modes, cool 2-D graphics and energizing music for each level.
It was originally designed to compete in No Starch Press's game cometition, but has continued to evolve and grow beyond the December 1st, 2001 deadline.
Here are some key features of "DeadlyCobra":
· 2 Single player modes:
· Adventure & Longest Snake
· 2 Head to Head multiplayer modes:
· Standard & Instant Respawn
· Simple design, keeping the program small
· 4 targets w/ individual movement patterns
· 9 difficulty increments
· 3 different levels
· Music for each level
· Sound effects
· High score save
What's New in This Release:
· implemented multiplayer support!
· fixed the timing of the move functions
· added a thread to handle controls
· lowered CPU usage from ~99% -> ~1%
· new graphics created
· added new music created exclusively for DC
· added _working_ tail
· added the digestion of an eaten man
· revamped screen layout
· main menu is much more interactive
· obstacle arangement changes on every level change
· added more diversity between difficulty levels
· difficulty level increases after every 3 levels completed
· added key to save a screen shot (F12)
· increased score to 4 digits
· removed the ability for men to jump and avoid being eaten since many people thought it was a bug
· added sound effects
· added invulnerability period with blinking
· added "Longest Snake" mode
· 2 years worth of misc changes, updates and minor fixes