Brick Out 2002.06.09
Brick Out project is a clone of "Breakout" created for the Agenda VR3 PDA.
Brick Out is a game where you move a paddle back and forth to bounce a ball around the screen.
Use the ball to break all of the bricks at the top of the screen. It was written with the Agenda VR3 PDA in mind, but works on anything that supports Xlib.
It's available for Agenda, Zaurus and iPAQ PDAs running Linux, and for Linux desktop systems.
Here are some key features of "Brick Out":
· Control with stylus or buttons.
· Multiple levels.
· Sound effects.
· Pause and resume, even when you quit!
What's New in This Release:
· Created libSDL version
· Created Makefile target for libSDL version for host ("host-sdl")
· Changed Makefile target for X-Window version for host to "host-x"
· Created Makefile target for libSDL version for Sharp Zaurus ("zaurus")
· Made default Makefile target simply list all available targets
· Fixed bug where level "-" button was dark even though level was > 1, when returning to title screen.
· Created color version of graphics for SDL version.
· Don't cancel paused game if [-] or [+] clicked when they're unavailable.
· Can now start game with [Space] or [Enter] on title screen.
· Can now change starting level with [Left] and [Right] arrow keys.
· Added flicker effect when a brick is hit (SDL version only).
· Added more levels.
· Added sound effects (SDL version only).
· Added music (SDL version only).