BloodsPilot Server 1.4.2
BloodsPilot Server project is an optimized xpilot server based on xpilot-4.3.0 distribution.
The server is better in terms of playability than any other XPilot servers around. Our main goal is to improve on playability. The playability undergoes rigorous game-testing to ensure that it doesn't degrade with upcoming releases.
Here are some key features of "BloodsPilot Server":
· Higher frame updates e.g. 25/50 fps is supported, done in a special way to preserve game physics of low update servers, without introducing inertia in ship movement.
· Better scheduling for packet updates makes less noise in steering.
· Bug fixed that caused loss in steering.
· Optimized server results in a smaller hardware requirements to run the server.
· Uses configure for installation
Download the source archives. Then use tar to open and use the normal configure and make way of building:
tar xvfz archive.tar.gz
What's New in This Release:
· This version reintroduces recoil from shots and reprogramming of lock banks.
· In addition, it tries to remove view tremors that occur when a player joins the game.
· The HTML ranking page supports Q3A / Enemy Territory style color nicks; the whole server and protocol don't support these completely yet.