BZFlag is a free multiplayer multiplatform 3D tank battle game. The name stands for Battle Zone capture Flag. BZFlag runs on Irix, Linux, *BSD, Windows, Mac OS X and other platforms. It's one of the most popular games ever on Silicon Graphics machines.
The Linux install can use either RPM or DEB formats. To install, use rpm or apt, repectively. Its possible that the following symbolic links may need to be made to get BZFlag to install properly over Mesa:
$ ln -s libMesaGL.so.3 /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
$ ln -s libMesaGLU.so.3 /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1
Also, rpm may require the --nodeps option for some systems (to get around broken dependencies). However, Mesa is absolutely required for DRI systems.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The ability to turn off teamkilling on the server
· The OpenFFA game mode which is a teamless FFA, meaning you can shoot anyone regardless of color
· Per-object ricochet, which lets map authors selectively enable ricochet for individual objects
· Removal of local authentication
· Ability for the server to force flags to be hidden on the radar
· Fog can not be turned off
· The screenshot code does not lag the client badly anymore
· The ID flag identification was moved to the server
· Public servers must have a -publickey
· Polls only count users that are able to vote