Aliens project is a "slide at the bottom" shooting game written for the Agenda VR3 Linux-based PDA.
It is played with the Agenda held in a sideways position. The PgUp/PgDn buttons (on the side of the Agenda) move the ship left and right, and the Left or Right arrow buttons (on the front) are used for shooting.
Since it's an X-Window program, it also runs on Linux and Unix desktops, and should be trivial to port to other Linux-based PDAs, like the iPaq or the Zaurus (running X-Window).
Here are some key features of "Aliens":
· Two gameplay modes:
· "Swooping" - Similar to the arcade game "Galaxian." The aliens hang around at the top of the screen and occasionally swoop down to attack you.
· "Marching" - Similar to the arcade game "Space Invaders." The aliens march back and forth across the screen and come down towards you as a group.
· Built-in help
· Explains the gameplay, scoring, and controls
· Sound effects
· Buzzer-based sound effects
· Source included
· Aliens is an Open Source product, released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
· Now part of Agenda!
· The folks from Agenda Computing liked it so much that it shipped with the Agenda VR3 PDA!
· X-Window environments.
What's New in This Release:
· Game-play tweaks to make it less easy.
· Replaced my original XPM icon with the one Agenda Computing created.
· Small updates to INSTALL.txt.
· Empty options removed from options screen (not going to add 180-flip and color invert any time soon!)
· "Exit" renamed to "Return to Main Menu" on options screen.