pyFlashCards is a wxPython based software for creating and studying flash cards.
I have developed it to study at medical school because none of the flash card programs I found on the internet would do what I want the way I want it. Even though it is not complete, I think that many people can already find it useful.
Here are some key features of "pyFlashCards":
· multiplatform: Windows, Linux (and in theory Mac)
· Sebastian Leitner box system for maximizing long term memory retention
· html tags allow to highlight important concepts
· image support for visual learners
· unicode support allows studying any language
· Python 2.4.x
· wxPython 2.6.x (unicode version)
First, you will need to install python and wxPython. Then download the archive file and unzip it in your home directory. To run the software start a terminal window, enter the FlashCards directory and run python pyFlashCards.py from the command line.
· You cannot run more than one instance. If you do you will loose data.
· Right now it is impossible to reuse cards from one file in another file. This will be addressed soon with the export cards feature.
What's New in This Release:
· Added import XML.
· Added export XML.
· Added export HTML (cards are exported in a table format by chapter)
· Added wildcards support to import/export wizard.
· Added shortcuts for inserting html tags in front and back text controlls. Supported tags are bold, italic, underline, font red, font blue, font green.
· Added support for Mac (PPC)
· Added a check if a card is being edited before closing the CardManagerDlg.
· Bug fix: canceling closing of the pyFlashCards main window did not actually cancel the action and the program would proceed to close without saving changes.
· Bug fix: fonts face with spaces did not work properly without ""
· Bug fix: chapters were not removed properly from chapters to study if all the cards from the that chapter were in box 1 or higher.