iWisdom is a software that will help you manage and maintain a list of quotations and insightful ideas.
Here are some key features of "iWisdom":
· a number of related fields, including title, category, author, source, year of initial publication, and rights;
· storage of your wisdom in an open, non-proprietary XML format;
· multiple sorting and selection fields;
· multiple files with remembered viewing options for each;
· multiple categories and levels of categorization, with a tree view to let you see your items within categories;
· automatic Web Publishing;
· automatic XML publishing (to create RSS feeds, for example);
· a Find function;
· a Category Mass Change function;
· Web Page validation;
· an import capability that can extract existing wisdom from a number of different file formats;
· options to modify the look and feel of iWisdom;
· a transfer function to convert a wisdom item to readable plain text, with a corresponding accept function to convert the plain text (after possible transmission via e-mail, etc.) into a new wisdom item on another iWisdom list.
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added the ability to import quotations from WikiQuote.org, using a new item under the File menu. While not all WikiQuote quotations may be able to be imported, due to variations in the way WikiQuote pages are formatted, the new function should work well on most WikiQuote pages.
· For users with unregistered copies of iWisdom, a new panel pops up when the application is launched, giving the user options to purchase a license, enter a registration code, or continue in demo mode.