granule is a flash card (or index card) program that implements the Leitner cardfile methodology for learning new words.
granule is a flashcard program that implements Leitner (by the German psychologist Sebastian Leitner in the 1970s) cardfile methodology for learning new words. It features both short-term and long-term memory training capabilities with scheduling.
- Short-term memory training with Decks of cards.
- Long-term memory training with CardBoxes of Decks.
- Automatic scheduling.
- Optional pronounciation (if a sound dictionary such as StarDict is installed.
- Multi-lingual support (UTF-8).
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release brings DeckPlayer dialog redesign. A full-screen mode (via F6) is much better supported. The Nokia IT platform version has been enhanced with optional navigation control buttons in the sidebar. The Win32 platform version now has a robust audio playback solution with granule-audio-player (included in .zip file) that can play .WAV, .MP3, and .OGG file formats. I have also managed to hunt down and fix a few critical bugs.