eFront project is an easy to use, visually attractive, SCORM compatible, eLearning and Human Capital Development platform.
Here are some key features of "eFront":
· Easy to use eFront was build from the scratch with the end user in mind. You will find it rather natural to get used to its interface where most options are self-explenatory.
· Visually attractive We didn't want to build another eLearning tool. We aim at building the most beautiful eLearning tool.
· Technologically advanced eFront is an Ajax enabled, Unicode, LDAP and SCORM supporting, multilingual eLearning platform.
· Pedagogical concepts Integrated to eFront are sound pedagogical concepts that guide users and keep them motivated.
· Open Source eFront is offered as open source software. Download it, customize it to your needs, add new functionalites and share them with the community. Although distributed as open source, eFront is being supported by a professional team of highly skilled developers.
· Complete eFront includes a wide variety of components that help you create your lesson structure and add content, build online-tests, communicate with others, track users history and progress, conduct surveys, assign projects, and create certifications. And this list just scratches the surface of the system.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added users reports generator (enterprise/educational editions)
· Added handle to reset all executions for all users in a test
· Added code for not allowing any sub-administrator to edit an administrator profile
· Improved performance during csv import for users
· Moved logout redirect option to appearance tab
· Fixed issue in user type in editing an admin by a subadmin
· Fixed issue about printing test units
· Fixed adding additional options in match questions error
· Fixed toggle material in progress disappearing when only lessons are assigned to users, and are all complete
· Fixed error when organizational chart is available to users and visited by non-supervisor
· Fixed issue about onmouseover underline in content tree and IE7
· Fixed issue in advlink plugin in editor with colored themes
· Fixed issue introduced in 3.6.5 about course completion operations
· Fixed changing course category not working when lessons with the same id existed in the category
· Fixed user's progress in course/lesson initialization would result in other users' progress being initialized as well
· Fixed not displaying empty categories in catalog, even if children are not empty
· Added automatic creation of message folders to users, in case they are missing
· Fixed exporting lessons with illegal windows filesystem characters in their name
· Fixed avatars list not displayed when administrator edits himself
· Fixed "view" user_type restriction for messages displayed non-working add/reply/fwd handles
· Fixed lesson reports listing projects for users, when they have been unenrolled from the lesson
· Set catalog to display completed lessons and courses when everything is completed even if "show material in progress" is selected
· Setting unit property 'auto complete' triggers ajax event for immediately popping up completion info block
· Fixed error in api2.php file that caused newly created users' passwords to be encoded twice
· Fixed error in activation email code sent out when new users are registering and "email activation" is set
· If certificate template file is missing, the system reverts to the default
· Fixed archived users appearing in group's users list
· Fixed average test score reporting for SCORM tests not matching actual mean score (a test may be skipped)
· Fixed error while completing a test when accessing a lesson as student, having professor as default user type and on an horizontal theme