Thebes project is a client/server, Java-based educational software written in java.
THEBES is an educational software aimed at helping the creation of computer based training sessions. Written in pure-Java, it is compatible with all major operating systems on the market (Windows, GNU/Linux, Solaris, Mac OS...). Thebes allows you to use the computer as a tool, personalized upon your needs.
Thebes is free software, downloadable freely along with the source code, and is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL license. Please consult the GNU website (www.gnu.org) for more informations, or to obtain the whole license content. If you want to obtain more informations concerning the software, or if you want to contact the author to let him know about bugs or improvements, you can write to: Laurent Grégoire, email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
This software is bilingual French/English, but the documentation is to date only written in French. We are seeking translators for others languages. If you are interested, do not hesitate to contact the author at the above email address to obtain more informations. The attached documentation is distributed in DVI and PDF format, and has been compiled using LaTeX 2e.
Here are some key features of "Thebes":
· Ability to create up to 5 types of questions with multiple parameters;
· Creation of personalized sessions for each users;
· Visualization of past results with many parameters;
· Association of questions in sessions depending of the level;
· Import of pictures or text for making interactive screens or context- sensitive help;
· Execution of external programs following some events;
· Synchronized execution of many client in a local network;
· Easy-to-use and friendly graphical interface;
· Personalized access control for each user;
· Tree organization of sessions, questions, data and users;
· Ability to use the same question in different contexts with different parameters.