SimpleDict is a free, open source electronic dictionary which runs natively on different platforms: Linux and Windows.
It provides easy-to-use modern user interface, supports several dictionary formats.
SimpleDict is based on Qt4 framework.
* MS Windows XP SP3
* MS Windows Vista
* Ubuntu 8.10 (64 bit)
* OpenSuse 11.0 (64 bit)
Here are some key features of "SimpleDict":
· Different dictionary formats supported (currently XDXF and DSL)
· Colored and formatted output
· Multi-tabular interface
· Quick lookup for the entered phrases
· Quick change of direction of the translation
· Easy navigation through the index
· Easy installation of the new dictionaries
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· added support of StarDict dictionaries
· added playback of wave audio