Relational is a project to provide a Python module for Relational Algebra, which can be used in console mode to show how relational algebra works.
Second purpose is to implement a module to convert relational algebra queries into python code, executable using the relational module.
Third purpose is to implement a GUI to write and execute queries without using a terminal.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Font is set only on windows (Rev 206)
· Improved futile_union_intersection_subtraction in case of A-A, when A is a sub-query (Rev 208)
· Improved futile_union_intersection_subtraction, handles when a branch of subtracion has a selection (Rev 209)
· Can load relations specified in command line (Rev 210)
· Using fakeroot instead of su in make debian (Rev 214)
· Fixed problem with float numbers with selection of certain relations (Rev 215)
· Added .desktop file on svn (Rev 216)
· Automatically fills some fields in the survey (Rev 217)
· When a query fails, shows the message of the exception (Rev220)
· Improved tokenizer for select in optimizations, now can accept operators in identifiers (Rev220)
· Uses getopt to handle the command line in a more standard way
· Organized code so the ui can be either qt or command line
· Does not depend on QT anymore
· Added readline user interface
· Added division operator