Regular Expression Graphing Program project is a regular expression graphing program.
This program is designed to take a regular expression and produce a graph of the state machine that is used to parse the regular expression.
It is useful for teaching regular expressions and state machines.
The program comes with a built-in tutorial and sample set of regular expressions.
Here are some key features of "Regular Expression Graphing Program":
· This will not graph all the regular expressions. Some of the more advanced features of the engine are just not handled.
· We currently ``graph'' the ``group, no $1'' (?:..) operator by displaying nothing. A box should be put around the expression.
· The boxes drawn by the program are a fixed with not related to the size of the text they contain. Text can easily overflow the box.
· The system is UNIX/Linux specific. This is caused by only one small section of code should anyone want to port this to a braindamaged operating system.
· Better use of color can be made. Specifically all the nodes do not have to be green. Come to think of it they call don't have to be rectangles either.
· Sometimes the lines connecting one section to another take some strange twists.