RefKeep project is a personal bibliography assistant.
RefKeep is software targeted at teachers, students, and researchers -- people who read and manage a large number of books, journals, magazines, and papers regularly.
It is a tool to manage one's research and other bibliographic information.
Here are some key features of "RefKeep":
· Organize and maintain bibliographic information (books, journals, series, papers etc) in the form of RefCollections.
· Search your bibliographic information with ease.
· Generate Reference lists in various formats (HTML, plain text, custom defined formats). For example, a professor can generate easily generate a list of references to be put up on a course website.
· Insert references (citations) of bibliographic sources in a variety of formats with ease. For example, you can insert a reference to a particular paper you read into the latex file or MS Word document you are editing.
· Keep track of books, journals, etc borrowed from your personal collection.
· Create annotated RefLinks between any type of records.
· Each record can be associated with comments/annotations. Separate Note records can also be maintained.
· Easy import and export of records, facilating seamless sharing of data between persons. For example, a grad student can send some interesting RefKeep records in his collection to his advisor through email.
· In the future: Integration with a research project management system, course grading system, access RefCollections over the internet, Use/Import existing bibtex citation repositories.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed Import/Export bug (Null pointer exception when no paper source files involved in Export)
· Fixed bug in Saving RefCollections (entities like & in RefCollection details are okay now)
· Fixed bug in Import (If you cancel the Save required while importing records into a brand new (previously un saved) RefCollection, the Import process also aborts)
· Reduced Splash Screen display time from 10 seconds to 4 seconds.
· Fixed bug in saving RefCollections with filenames containing '.'s
· Fixed bug while 'un'-choosing Source, Authors etc.