The project aims to provide various educational activities based on multimedia elements (images, sounds, texts)
Possible activity types are associations, puzzles, counting activities, etc.
Omnitux activities are described in relatively simple XML files. Thus, people without programming skills may build their own activities.
(1) install required dependencies with your package manager:
(2) uncompress and extract the game:
tar -xvf omnitux-0.5.noarch.tar
(3) run the program:
All program files are released under the GNU CPL license. Some multimedia elements included in the game come from other authors (eg: from wikipedia), they are licensed under compatible free licenses (see *.txt files for a link to the original file and its license).
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Italian translation
- removal of media files with a 'Non Commercial' restriction => omnitux is now 100% 'free as in freedom'
- "light" package version for low bandwidth / small performance devices (netbooks...)
- added "options" screen ("little rocket") to modify setup (screen size, music volume...)