MDic is a multilingual dictionary for GNU/Linux operating system.
It is only needed to select (or highlight) a word to view its meaning on the screen.
MDic is able to pronounce the words by default if espeak tool is installed. It is also possible to use Babylon glossaries (.bgl) , Stardict dictionaries (.ifo) , Freedict dictionaries (.tei) and Sdictionary dictionary (.dct) by converting them via "mdicconv" convertor tool, that you can download it from here.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New usability features:
· Option to separate remote resource dictionaries i.e. google translate from default searchs, to do not search them always.
· Option to do not search for texts with more than XX chars by selection. XX is configurable.
· Using DBus to check for already running instance of MDic on X11 systems! and using the old lock file way on Windows!
· Matched with new google translate output.
· Fixed build problem on Ubuntu newer versions.