LanguageTutor is an efficient vocabulary learning software for English & Spanish
The software will help you to efficiently practice with 6.500 words and short expressions to translate from your mother language to the language of your choice and backward. The software features two stages of progression: the lesson stage to assess your actual level of knowledge and the repetition stage to exercise your memory using the powerful and well proven spaced repetition algorithm. You will be provided in total with about 10,000 new foreign words to learn along the way if you complete all lessons and repetitions. This vocabulary software helps you work in a more productive and intensive manner.
About Adobe AIR
Adobe AIR runtime allows Adobe AIR applications to be deployed on computers and devices running the Linux operating system. In addition, Adobe Flex Builder for Linux can be used to build rich internet applications that deploy to the desktop and run across operating systems using proven web technologies.
- Three language combinations: English-Spanish, French-English, Spanish-French.
- Two databases available as an option for reverse learning
- 9 categories / 54 lessons / 6500 questions
- Two stages: lesson and repetition
- Spaced repetition method
- Two levels of difficulties
- Three users can log on alternatively
- Words and expressions delivered in context when needed
- 4 lessons selected at any time
- Simple and efficient user interface
- Contextual help menus and tooltips
- Integrated FAQ and help pages
- Visual and audio aids to track progress
- Last question and its answers is kept on screen
- Waiver button for difficult words
- Integrated feedback button with rewards offered to the best comments
- Richest possible vocabulary with 2 times more words than in a school book
- Up to 4 correct answer for each word
- Learning of number and gender of nouns
- Learning of nearly 10,000 words in total
- Some typing mistakes auto-correction
- Time-saving procedure for articles in English
- Feature a comfortable screen size and a no distraction screen option
- Works on Windows, Linux and Mac OS
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.5.7
- Direct access to dictionary and audio files to listen to words pronunciation.
- Revised database.
- All lessons are offered with 2 levels of difficulties.