LXlogo project is an interactive LOGO programming environment for K-12 educational use or just for fun.
It is easy to install with minimal system requirements, and is a modern variant of the familiar "turtle" LOGO language.
Logo is interesting because it gives students immediate graphical results with just a few commands or lines of code, and allows students to gradually become familiar with geometric concepts, and how to write programs and think procedurally.
As students move beyond the beginning stages, they can move on to create fun animations and user interfaces.
- LXlogo works on just about any linux or unix platform that has X windows
- Easy to install... no library dependencies other than X11/xlib
- Download for free ... precompiled x86 binaries or build from source code (gcc required)
- Interactive turtle moving / drawing for beginners to get their toes wet
- Animation support
- GUI graphical user interface can be added to user programs
- Graphics can be printed (color PostScript)
- Graphics can be saved as GIF or SVG files for posting on web sites and other electronic uses
- Interactive development environment (using xedit)
- Engine mode (-f) for users who prefer their own text editor for developing code