KTouch 1.6 patched
KTouch is a program for learning how to touch-type.
Starting with only a few keys to remember you will advance through the levels of the training lecture while more and more keys are introduced. And finally you will be able to type very fast and accurate, because you no longer need to search for the keys on the keyboard (and because you will definitely use more then just two fingers).
KTouch shows the keys you need to press and the finger you need to use for that key on the screen. You needn't to look down on the keyboard to search the key. Therefore you will get used to looking at the screen only and thus you will learn touch typing much faster.
Here are some key features of "KTouch":
· KTouch supports various keyboard layouts and you can easily add own keyboard layouts
· A number of training lectures are included by default (english, german, french ... etc)
· You can add and modify training lectures using the built-in lecture editor
· Detailed training statistics help you to find possible typing problems (keys that you typed wrong very often)
· The program calculates typing speed and your accuracy on-the-fly and displays them while you type
· Many settings (including the colour scheme of the program) can be modified by the user
· During training the level can be adjusted automatically according to your typing skill: if you type fast and correctly you will move a level up, otherwise stay in the level or even move down. So you will learn touch typing like playing a game.
What's New in This Release:
Patch provided by Gavin:
In trying to help a linux user group member compile ktouch 1.6.0
standalone version, I encountered a few errors.
o Only version 2.5 of autoconf was acceptable, 2.6 not allowed
o autoconf was checked for in --version output of the autoheader check
o ktouch/keyboards/Makefile.am had a trailing slash but no new line
Some minor changes all resulted in a successful `make -f Makefile.cvs`
I've attached these changes in the patch attached and in a modified tar.gz.
I also noted that there are some .svn directories in the release. You
probably already know but, svn export will help you with that.