KSalomon 0.1.7 beta
KSalomon is a new vocabulary trainer for Kde 3 (Linux).
The program is based on the "Leitner" learning system:
The vocabulary is stored in a card index box which can contain several vocabulary files. Words that have been answered correctly on first attempt are moved into a higher folder, where they are asked less often each time.
The number of folders, as well as the time the vocabulary should stay locked is configurable. Words that haven't been answered correctly stay in the folder, or, if they already were in a higher folder, are being moved back down.
Here are some key features of "KSalomon":
· Multiple correct answers possible
· Easy and fast way to enter words, synonyms, ..., mouse is not needed
· The possibility to record and play sounds for every word, description and example
· Pictures can be added to words
· LaTeX support for e.g. mathematic expressions
· Highly configurable
· You can specify a font for every language
· Special characters can be entered using configurable key combinations
· You can assign different colours to parts of speech
· Supports the kvtml file format
· printing support
· Learning mode
What's New in This Release:
· Added some documentation, viewable via "hints".
· Mainly bugfixing since 0.1.6.