KLearnNotes2 is a software for teaching the names of music notes.
In future KLearnNotes2 will be a full-featured music teacher (rhythm, scales, key signatures, chords) with special focus on guitar playing.
Here are some key features of "KLearnNotes2":
· a wise quick learning algorithm (focusing training on what a student knows the worst)
· a flexible lesson choice and a set of preset lessons focused on gradual learning of successive notes
· bass and treble clefs
· a flexible speed goal choice and a set of preset speed-goal levels (to encourage training for fast, automatic notes reading)
· two training modes:
· static, vertical notes' positions (preparation for chord reading)
· horizontal, game-style (preparation for sight-reading)
· voice recognition (you can answer questions with your voice!)
· sound output choice: standard, for guitar players or custom
· qt/kdelibs; midi sound output for OSS or using timidity (any system) or ALSA (experimental! using tse3 library); voice recognition from microphone (OSS only).
· Perfect for a music newbie and for an experienced musician trying to learn new stuff (for example a new staff.
What's New in This Release:
Thu May 12 09:58:57 CET 2004
· src/kln* major: added horizontal exercise ("game")
· added first trial of midi for aRts/tse3
· added configure option --with-cvsfeatures
· added kln2 option --quiet (or -q)
Sun Apr 11 06:25:55 2004 UTC
· src/* major: added Solfeggio notes naming
Sun Mar 7 00:40:55 CET 2004
· src/* major: first version of PianoKeyboard and
· BaseMusicNote classes
Mon Mar 1 01:46:28 CET 2004
· src/* major: added timidity MIDI output; new MidiOutput
· class, ready for implementing other supports
Mon Feb 23 00:30:46 +0000
· src/voice_recog* minor: fixed compilation problems:
· variable-size array 'prefetch_buf'
· pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic