Incant is a Tcl/Tk based dictionary client package which includes both command line and GUI versions.
Here are some key features of "Incant":
· dictionary lookups with fallback to pattern matching if a word is not found
· autoloading and selection menu of all dictionaries available on the remote host
· command-line and GUI client versions
· forward/back browsing buttons with infinite length
· user definable colors and host/port
· browsing of dictionary entries
· link highlighting
· term or single-word-of-term link lookups
· support for multiple-word lookups, such as "bump off"
· graceful logoff, and semi-graceful error handling
· Regular and SOCKS supported. Untested.
· Most protocol handling is rather blanketed... Specifically, generic error codes will pop up a wonderfully raw dialog with the server's message. Only a few codes are explicitly handled. There are no plans to change this.
· All patches/comments/bug reports cheerfully accepted (but not near finals week).
· There is an annoying bug which causes "random" newlines to be inserted into definitions. This is based in a TCL/TK sockets handling problem, and will never be fixed. Fortunately, it is only aesthetic, and not terribly annoying.
· Tcl/Tk (tested with 8.0;