GnomeRSVP project is a rapid serial visual projector.
GnomeRSVP is a "Rapid Serial Visual Projector" similar to products like AceReader.
In this dynamic representation of text, each word is flashed on the screen one at a time in succession.
The reader is less inclined to "oralize" the text, rather the reader interprets whole words as meaningful written symbols.
Automatic re-reading of adjacent previous text is therefore rendered impossible.
This results in much higher reading speeds than are possible with standard techniques.
Here are some key features of "GnomeRSVP":
· Gnome compliance
· Font Selection
· Color Selection
· Text, HTML, and PDF file support
· Session Support
· Remembers Last Location and Position
· URL support!
· Variable speed from 120 to 6000 words per minute
· Gnome 1.4
· Gtk+ 1.2
· Gtk Perl (version >= 0.7006 required)
- Gnome compliance
- Font Selection
- Color Selection
- Text, HTML, and PDF file support
- Session Support
- Remembers Last Location and Position
- URL support!
- Variable speed from 120 to 6000 words per minute