Gjiten project is a Japanese dictionary program for GNOME.
Gjiten also has a kanji dictionary. Any combination of stroke count, radicals and search key can be used for kanji lookups.
· Input method supported by GTK+ for Japanese input: im-ja (recommended), or XIM (e.g. kinput2)
· Japanese locale support, [needed by GTK+ for displaying wide characters correctly.]
· Jim Breen's EDICT and KANJIDIC dictionary files. For compiling you'll also need header files [devel packages]
What's New in This Release:
· Radicals show up again in KanjiDic.
· There are translation updates.
· The radical file was updated, and a dynamic radical window was added.
· Some bugs were fixed.