GNU Solfege 3.20.0
GNU Solfege is a free ear training program.
The program is portable. Versions of Solfege has ran on recent releases of Debian, Redhat, Mandrake, SuSE, FreeBSD 4.2, MS Windows 95/98/2000/XP and MacOSX. It should be easy to make the program run on any unix like operating system, for example Solaris or BeOS, if you have gtk+, python and pygtk installed. The old MacOS will not work because gtk+ and pygtk is not ported to that OS.
GNU Solfege is free software, and is a part of the GNU Project.
- Recognise melodic and harmonic intervals
- Compare interval sizes
- Sing the intervals the computer asks for
- Identify chords
- Sing chords
- Remembering rhythmic patterns
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 3.19.1
- The 3.19 development branch adds a rhythm editor widget that is used in the new rhythm dictation exercises.
- It also adds support for the ALSA sequencer, and a nice tool that downloads and compiles the required Python modules if you don't have them installed.