Dr. Geo is a GTK interactive geometry software. It allows one to create geometric figure plus the interactive manipulation of such figure in respect with their geometric constraints. It is useable in teaching situation with students from primary or secondary level.
Dr. Geo integrates advanced features as an integrated Scheme programming language to define scripts within a figure. The language is also used to define functionnaly interactive figure.
Dr. Geo is a software part of the GNU project. This means it is a free software (as free speech) and you have access to the source code under the GPL license. You can modify and distribute it as long as the same distribution license (GPL) is used.
· LibGuile >= 1.4 LibXml 2.x
What's New in This Release:
· Free point on a curve can be animated automatically at 4 different speeds. To use it, just use the Animation top bar menu and then select a free point on the figure.
· Shortcuts fixes.
· Adrian Ulises Soto did cleaning in the TeXmacs plugin. It also now possible to write DrGeo Scheme figure, then ask to DrGeo to evaluate it. At least the TeXmacs plug-in starts to be useful.
· From TeXmacs it is now possible to use the DrGeo menu to insert DrGeo scheme commands in the session. It is really sweet. Thanks to Adrian Ulises Soto which implement this feature.
· New and updated locales: Basque, Canadian English, Catalan, Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Kinyarwanda, Nepali, Norwegian, Spanish.
· New scheme figure examples from Mohamed Choubane and Adrian Soto Ulises. It is the Koch shape, beware it is intensively recursive and a tiling example. Visit the folder /usr/share/drgeo/examples/scheme.