Comix is a comic book viewer. It reads zip, rar, tar, tar.gz and tar.bz2 archives (often called .cbz, .cbr and .cbt) as well as normal image files. It is written in Python and has a simple user interface using pyGTK.
Comix is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
Here are some key features of "Comix":
· Fullscreen mode.
· Double page mode.
· Fit-to-screen mode.
· Zooming and scrolling.
· Rotation and mirroring.
· Changeable background colour.
· Changeable image scaling quality.
· Adjustable saturation and contrast.
· Can read right-to-left to fit manga etc.
· Caching for faster page flipping.
· Mouse wheel support.
· Bookmarks support.
· Hideable cursor.
· Customizable GUI.
· Archive comments support.
· Archive converter.
· Thumbnail browser.
· Translated to English, Swedish, Simplified Chinese and Spanish.
· Reads the JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, BMP, ICO, XPM and XBM image formats.
· Reads ZIP and tar archives natively, and RAR archives through the unrar program.
· Runs on Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD and virtually any other UNIX-like OS.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Applied a workaround for a bug that caused the "Open" dialog to crash when trying to open a file when the file type filter had been reset to blank. This bug seems to only appear on some systems, probably depending on the installed GTK+ version.
· Fixed a bug that caused the error message for unfulfilled dependencies to not be printed properly.
· The rar/unrar program is now invoked in such a way as to keep broken or incomplete files extracted from RAR archives, since Comix might be able to display parts of these files anyway.