Comix is a comic book viewer.
Comix is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
- Fullscreen mode.
- Double page mode.
- Fit-to-screen mode.
- Zooming and scrolling.
- Rotation and mirroring.
- Changeable background colour.
- Changeable image scaling quality.
- Adjustable saturation and contrast.
- Can read right-to-left to fit manga etc.
- Caching for faster page flipping.
- Mouse wheel support.
- Bookmarks support.
- Hideable cursor.
- Customizable GUI.
- Archive comments support.
- Archive converter.
- Thumbnail browser.
- Translated to English, Swedish, Simplified Chinese and Spanish.
- Reads the JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, BMP, ICO, XPM and XBM image formats.
- Reads ZIP and tar archives natively, and RAR archives through the unrar program.
- Runs on Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD and virtually any other UNIX-like OS.
our in-depth analysis
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Applied a workaround for a bug that caused the "Open" dialog to crash when trying to open a file when the file type filter had been reset to blank. This bug seems to only appear on some systems, probably depending on the installed GTK+ version.
- Fixed a bug that caused the error message for unfulfilled dependencies to not be printed properly.
- The rar/unrar program is now invoked in such a way as to keep broken or incomplete files extracted from RAR archives, since Comix might be able to display parts of these files anyway.