Biogenesis project is a unicellular organism evolution simulator.
Biogenesis simulates in a visual fashion the processes involved in the evolution of unicellular organisms in nature.
It tries to be a didactic approximation to the ideas of mutation or evolution, and can be enjoyed also as an entertainment.
It's intended to serve as a support to show students some basic biological facts. The idea of Biogenesis is taken from Primordial Life, but it's an independent project.
Here are some key features of "Biogenesis":
· The application should be multiplatform.
· There should exist translations in many languages. At the moment, there are only Catalan, English and Spanish translations.
· The representation should be abstract and simplified, but still scientifically accurate.
· It should be actively maintained.
· A good documentation should be enclosed with the application.
· It should be amusing.
· JRE version 6 or later
What's New in This Release:
· Network: added connections between different world.
· Network: added corridors to send organisms through connections.
· Network: added a dialog to manage connections.
· Network: added a dialog to configure network settings.
· New parameters to activate OpenGL.
· Added an uninstaller.
· Added an option to kill all organisms.
· Added killed and infected counters to the organism's state window.
· Added toolbars with the main options in each circunstance.
· Added mnemonics in menu options.
· Added number of kills and number of infected in the information window.
· Now the program dinamically adapts its speed to the computer performance.
· Show current and last version in a better format.
· Show some information messages in the status bar.
· Changed default parameters to have a smaller and faster world.
· Remove Vectors and convert them to Lists.
· Added comments in many files.
· Some speed optimization.
· Fixed a bug that prevented some corpses to dissapear.
· Fixed a bug that prevented the initial organisms number from being saved between sessions.
· Fixed a bug that let the user to kill a dead organism if the context menu was showed before the organism died.
· Updated documentation.
· Other minor details. biogenesis
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· There are a few improvements such as better file management, keys to start and pause the game without using the menu, and the ability to import genetic codes directly into the laboratory.
· Moreover this release has the missing icons needed to complete the toolbar.