Accha Nihongo is a program intended to help people learn Japanese. It is written in Java/Swing, and should run equally well on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X computers.
Here are some key features of "AcchaNi":
- Unicode display of the 103 JLPT 4 kanji and the 181 JLPT 3 kanji
- Romaji-to-hiragana input (no special input method required)
- Display of previous answer's kanji with all readings and meanings from kanjidic
- Intelligent weighting of kanji, so that wrong answers result in more common display
- Slow introduction of kanji, requiring mastery of a small group before proceeding
- Made some alterations to the weighting of new/old kanji, and fixed the batch size.