Accha is a program intended to help people learn the Hindi alphabet (Devanagari). Accha is written in Java/Swing, and should run equally well on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux computers.
Here are some key features of "Accha":
· Unicode display of Devanagari
· Audio of correct pronunciation
· Choose which letters to study
· Phonetic textual input (i.e. "sa" for स)
· Display of previous right answer
What's New in This Release:
· This release updates Unicode functionality to work in the Windows operating system.
· Previously, it depended on Java's autodetection of the character set of the input file, which Linux and OS X did correctly, but Windows failed to do.
· It now specifically sets the character set to UTF-8 for Windows' benefit.