todo2html generates pretty HTML from a standard text TODO file.
todo2html generates pretty HTML from a standard text TODO file. The formatting is configurable with style sheets, and there is an easy-to-read built-in style or a style-free option.
- Add a given page title (using the < TITLE > tags in < HEAD >)
- Add a given heading (using < H1 >)
- Identify items that are completed and format them differently - all this requires is that finished items start with "DONE!"
- Strip the "DONE!" tags from completed items
- Remove completed items from the output
- Have different formatting for done and pending items at both item levels
- provide a key, showing formatting for done/pending items
- Create HTML with no extra style commands - looks like plain text
- Use an in-built, easy to understand style
- Take style information from a stylesheet and apply it (statically) to the output
- Given a stylesheet URL, style can be based on an external stylesheet - if you have a nice style that you use for the rest of your site, todo2html can use that, and when you change it, the HTMLized TODO file will change with it. For example, the stylesheet used for this page (here) has the extra information (the em.pendingl1, em.donel1, etc.) for creating matching TODO files. It's not even compulsory to use these extra em classes unless you want special formatting for TODO item headings.
- Anything that might cause problems for a HTML interpreter in the original TODO file are neutered - they still look the same in the output.
- Create either a full HTML page, or just the HTML which goes between the < BODY > and < /BODY > tags. Useful for generating on the fly.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!