ManEdit is a UNIX manual page editor and viewer, it is designed specifically for the editing of the UNIX manual page format using an integrated XML interface.
Although some developers with more resources can create a source document using a much more advanced editor and then export to multiple file formats, the average UNIX contributor is not up to that mountainous task. So to make UNIX documentation simpler, there is ManEdit!
Here are some key features of "ManEdit":
· XML Interface and Multiple Sectional Editing
· Instant preview feature and stand-alone viewer/browser
· Drag and Drop system and templates for easy mass production
· Multiple editors/viewers and multiple files loaded per editor for convient mass editing
· GTK 1.2.10
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A memory leak when saving manual pages under a different name was fixed.
· The file selector's file type and extension completion were improved.