HelpSetMaker is an application for authoring online help information.
HelpSetMaker is a program designed for creating help information. It is designed upon the philosophy that structured help texts should be createable in an intuitive way and with the least possible overhead. The easier it is for the author to produce the text, the better the results are.
Special care has been taken for the integration with the JavaHelp system, even though the program can be used beyond that system.
Here are some key features of "HelpSetMaker":
· Creation of help information using a very simple command language, STML
· Direct control of the produced output as a HTML view
· Management of a tree of information pages with direct access to each page
· Creation, control, and immediate check of links between the informationpages
· Handling of link targets on top or somewhere in the middle of a page
· Stand-alone images or images/icons in the text
· Management of image libraries containing all the needed images
· Export of fully self-contained file bundles containing all the needed parts for the complete set of information files.
· Creation of HelpSets for the JavaHelp online help system for Java programs
· Direct creation of JAR file containing the complete helpset ready-to-use
· Creation of web page sets for display in a browser
· Creation of LaTeX source to be passed through "pdflatex" for obtaining a PDF document
· Included on-line help
· Java 1.4.2 or later
What's New in This Release:
· Line indentation (e.g. for source code output) can be archieved by "_" at line beginnings.
· Index creation works again as spurious XML statements are removed from HelpSet HTMLs.
· Macro definitions are always read with the correct character encoding.
· Projects are automatically saved before output creation. "titletag" attribute can be added to HelpSet output now, too.
· HelpSets show start page instead of empty frame by default now.