DocPerl provides a web-based interface to Perl's Plain Old Documentation (POD). DocPerl project is a graphical easy to use interface to POD, automatically listing all installed modules on the local host, and any other nominated directories containing Perl files.
Here are some key features of "DocPerl":
· Easily navigable list of all modules installed as well as other nominated directories containing perl files
· Limited capability of searching for modules by name
· Displays POD as HTML for each listed file (eg YAML.pm)
· Displays the API for each listed file (eg YAML.pm)
· The functions are hyperlinked to their definition line number in the code page so that a function can be viewed in context
· The functions are further subdivided into class methods, object methods and general subroutines (by convention/best guess)
· Modules are listed by whether they are useed or required or inherited
· Other packages defined in the file are also listed
· A graphical view of the module inheritance is also displayed
· Displays the Code for each listed file with some syntax highlighting (eg YAML.pm)
· Provides access to description of the API files defined and display code in limited syntax highlighting.
· Pages can be cached for increased performance and the cache is auto-updated when original file changes
What's New in This Release:
· Work was also done on improving the documentation.