DocPerl provides a web-based interface to Perl's Plain Old Documentation (POD).
Here are some key features of "DocPerl":
· Easily navigable list of all modules installed as well as other nominated directories containing perl files
· Limited capability of searching for modules by name
· Displays POD as HTML for each listed file (eg YAML.pm)
· Displays the API for each listed file (eg YAML.pm)
· The functions are hyperlinked to their definition line number in the code page so that a function can be viewed in context
· The functions are further subdivided into class methods, object methods and general subroutines (by convention/best guess)
· Modules are listed by whether they are useed or required or inherited
· Other packages defined in the file are also listed
· A graphical view of the module inheritance is also displayed
· Displays the Code for each listed file with some syntax highlighting (eg YAML.pm)
· Provides access to description of the API files defined and display code in limited syntax highlighting.
· Pages can be cached for increased performance and the cache is auto-updated when original file changes
What's New in This Release:
· Work was also done on improving the documentation.